Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Best served with grilled Italian sausage on the side, with garlic bread, light salad and with a good dry wine. From grocery store brochure.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 scallions, minced
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 6 commercially pickled cherry peppers, seeded, rinsed and cut into quarters (red ones look the best)
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons rinsed and drained capers
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon italian broad-leaf parsley
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- romano cheese or parmesan cheese
- In large pot (or wok), heat olive oil and add garlic; cook garlic over medium heat until it becomes fragrant (do not brown), then remove garlic and discard.
- Add cherry peppers and scallions and cook (over medium heat) until the pepper skins begin to bubble. Add everything else except for the pasta and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, boil pasta (salted water until al dente.) Drain pasta and add to sauce mixture, tossing until thoroughly mixed. Generously sprinkle with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.