Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I didn't know that an angel food cake mix could make cupcakes. This is great everyone gets their own piece of the coveted crust!! You can also spiff these up a bit - see the note below.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place paper baking cups in 30 -36 regular sized muffin cups.
- Beat cake mix, cornstarch, vanilla and water in extra large glass or metal bowl on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium speed for 3 minute.
- Fill cups 2/3-3/4 full of batter. Refrigerate remaining batter while cupcakes are baking.
- Bake 12-20 minutes or until golden brown and cracks feel dry; cool.
- Frost with your favorite frosting or fruit - I prefer fat free cool whip and cut berries but have also plucked a bit of cake out of the center filled it with strawberry jam and then made a frosting with the jam and powdered sugar.
These were yummy! I needed something fast for the 4th of July picnic....and I wanted something low fat and calorie....this was PERFECT!! I did put 2 drops of blue and red food coloring on some of them and swirled it in with a skewer......gave them a festive look. Definitely will be making these again! Going to serve with fresh Oregon strawberries (THE BEST IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!) and cool fat free frozen yogurt. Can't wait!!! Thanks for a great recipe!!
These were so wonderful! I made them for a joint birthday party for my mom and fiancee. They looked and tasted great. Topped them with frosting and roses made from fruit by the foot (sounds strange but very cute) and served them alongside mini cherry cheesecakes in cupcake papers. Lovely!