This is from the Splenda web site. Their new "Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking" is used in this angelfood cake. I've not tried it yet but wanted to post this as to put into Sarah's Diabetic Cookbook.
- Note: For those not use to making angel food cakes *Don't* get any yoke in the whites, if you do throw out and start over. I always separate the egg in a glass first. Then if no yoke pour into measuring container.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract.
- Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking and light corn syrup.
- Sift flour and cornstarch 2 times into another large mixing bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking to flour mixture, stirring until blended.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the flour mixture over the egg whites. Fold gently.
- Repeat procedure three times with the remaining flour mixture.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, spreading batter evenly in pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air bubbles.
- Bake on lowest rack in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Invert tube pan; cool cake in the pan for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula; remove cake from pan.