1/6 Photos of Angel Food Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
This is from the Splenda web site. Their new "Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking" is used in this angelfood cake. I've not tried it yet but wanted to post this as to put into Sarah's Diabetic Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: For those not use to making angel food cakes *Don't* get any yoke in the whites, if you do throw out and start over. I always separate the egg in a glass first. Then if no yoke pour into measuring container.
- 2Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- 3Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 4Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract.
- 5Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- 6Gradually add 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking and light corn syrup.
- 7Sift flour and cornstarch 2 times into another large mixing bowl.
- 8Add 3/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking to flour mixture, stirring until blended.
- 9Sprinkle 1/4 of the flour mixture over the egg whites. Fold gently.
- 10Repeat procedure three times with the remaining flour mixture.
- 11Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, spreading batter evenly in pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air bubbles.
- 12Bake on lowest rack in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 13Invert tube pan; cool cake in the pan for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 14Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula; remove cake from pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g