Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
easy and quick, delicate bars.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream 1/2 cup of the butter and granulated sugar well.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wafer crumbs and coconut.
- Mix all well.
- Pat into a 10 x 15 inch cookie sheet.
- Bake 325 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients brown sugar, last 1/2 cup butter, and the pecans in a saucepot.
- Mix well, stirring, and boil for three minutes.
- Pour over the bars while warm and spread evenly.
- Place under broiler about four inches below, and broil until bubbly.
- Cut into 50 bars.
Easy and quick and delicate they are. These are delicious. Followed the recipe as stated and made no changes except that I greased the cookie sheet. When placed under the broiler they must be watched very closely so they don't burn. Will be making them again soon. Thanks for this great recipe.