Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Just cut the recipe out of our local paper, so I haven't tried them yet. Different from the other Angel cookies here as this one has powdered sugar. Looks easy with a short ingredient list. Time includes the 30 min. refrigerator time, also don't know how to put the servings correctly but it says it makes 6 doz. so I put 72 servings.
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups shortening
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (2 cup) package mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, powdered sugar and salt.
- Add shortening, vanilla and chocolate chips and mix on low speed until just blended.
- On floured countertop, roll dough into 1-inch cylinders.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minute or until firm enough to slice.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and cut in 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place cookies on prepared cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minute.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Note: Food coloring can be added to batter to liven up the color of the cookies.
Every Christmas MIL buys these cookies from a local bakery and this year our dog sitter tasted them and wanted the recipe because she enjoyed them so much. We searched for about 1/2 an hour for just the right recipe and this is it. Only thing different I did was make the cookies bigger so they needed to cook longer. Oh, I also cut the recipe down to 2 dozen instead of 6 dozen. But my DH said I hit the nail on the head. Hope you enjoy them too.