Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good friend of mine gave me this recipe about 4 years ago and I've been making it ever since. Just make sure to use sweet cherries. It's sort of the same idea as my Peaches and Cream Cake.
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- Cut cake into 1/4 inch slices; arrange half the slices on bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In large mixer bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, water and extract; mix well.
- Add pudding mix; beat well. Chill 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped- whipped cream.
- Spread half the cream mixture over cake slices; top evenly with one can pie filing.
- Top with remaining cake slices, cream mixture and pie filling.
- Chill 4 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.