Recipe by PaulaG
I love salmon! I became involved in the Zaard World Tour 2005 and this recipe was found on a Scandinavian Cooking site. It is easy to prepare and makes an elegant dinner for 2.
Top Review by Michelle Berteig
Very good and easy to make. Next time, I think I would use less mustard, just for our taste preference. Very nice flavor with the salmon. Made for the Vivacious Violets for ZWT7.
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skin on, any pinbones removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- 4 sweet apples, Golden Delicious works well
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the salmon under cold running water; pat dry with paper towels and place in a shallow dish.
- In a measuring cup, mix the olive oil, honey, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, and chili powder; pour mixture over the salmon, turning to coat.
- Cover, place in the refrigerator and marinade for 2 to 3 hours or, quick marinade, for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Transfer the salmon to a baking dish, reserving the marinade,.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake 8 minutes; pour the marinade over the salmon.
- Continue to cook and additional 4 to 5 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork; season with salt to taste.
- While the salmon cooks, core the apples and cut each into 8 wedges.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the apples and rosemary reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Remove from the heat and discard the rosemary.
- Serve the cooked salmon with pan drippings spooned over and topped with the apples, garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
- Please Note: The quick marinade time is included in the cooking time.