Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Hannah Swensen recipe direct from The Cookie Jar in Lake Eden, Minnesota to you!
Make and share this Andrea's Pecan Divines recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups melted butter (4 sticks, one pound)
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 beaten eggs
- 5 cups flour (no need to sift)
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F., rack in the middle position.
- Melt the butter. (Nuke it for 3 minutes on high in a microwave-safe container, or melt it in a pan on the stove.) Mix in the white sugar and the brown sugar. Add the vanilla, the baking soda, salt and mix. Add the eggs abd stir it all up. Add half the flour, the chocolate chips, and the chopped pecans. Stir well to incorporate, Add the rest of the flour and mix throughly.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets, 12 cookies to a standard-size sheet. If the dough is too sticky to handle, chill it slightly and try again. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Let cool two minutes, then remove cookies from the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Makes great chocolate chip cookies! Ten dozen means the dough freezes very well. Just roll it in cylinders and take out what you want.