Recipe by patriciamercer84
This is my favorite cookie-- it's hard to eat just one! The cookie is not too sweet or too chocolatey; they're soft and crumbly with the perfect amont of sweetness
Top Review by cbasser
These are the BEST cookies ever! I've been making them for a few years and I can't get enough. I'm surprised that no one has reviewed them because these are awesome. Thanks for posting the recipe to refresh my memory.
- 177.44 ml butter
- 354.88 ml packed brown sugar
- 29.58 ml water
- 473.18 ml semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 6.16 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 36 chocolate mint wafer candies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan over low heat, cook butter, sugar and water until butter is melted. Add chocolate chips and stir until partially melted. Remove from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is completely melted. Pour into a large bowl and let stand 10 minutes to cool off slightly.
- At high speed, beat in eggs, one at a time into chocolate mixture. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients, beating until blended. Chill dough about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll dough into balls (i use a mini ice cream scoop about 1" in diameter) and place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes. While cookies are baking unwrap mints and divide each in half. When cookies are brought out of the oven, put 1/2 mint on top of each cookie. Let the mint sit for up to 5 minutes until melted, then spread the mint on top of the cookie. Eat and enjoy!