Recipe by dawnie2u
These olives are wonderful with martinis, and served with Basil Olives as an appetizer. Truly addicting!
- 11 ounces pitted green olives, reserve brine
- 2 ounces anchovies packed in oil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the olives and set brine aside.
- In a small bowl put olives, the oil from the anchovies and the wine vinegar.
- Chop the anchovies and add to the bowl of olives.
- Mix very well until the anchovies are separated and well distributed.
- Spoon the olives and juices into an empty jar or container.
- Pour about half the reserved brine over all. Add more brine if desired.
- Shake very well and refrigerate.
- Let olives marinate at least 12 hours.
- Serve on a plate lined with a lettuce leaf.