Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make sure the Salmon fillets are about 4-6 oz each, for best results. If you can't find the Ancho Chili Powder, then just use regular Chili Powder.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 salmon fillets, skinless
- 2 tablespoons fresh fresh cilantro stems
- Preheat broiler.
- Scrub potatoes.
- Halve lengthwise; cut in 1.4-inch slices.
- Place on greased rack of unheated broiler pan.
- In bowl combine sugar, salt, cumin, and chili pepper.
- Coat sweet potatoes with cooking spray; sprinkle both sides with half the spice mixture.
- Broil 4 inches from heat 10 minutes or until tender; turn once midway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, rinse salmon; pat dry.
- Sprinkle with remaining spice.
- In skillet cook fish in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil over medium heat 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork.
- Turn once midway through cooking.
- Add cilantro.