A great sauce for steak or any other grilled meat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 2 cups hot water and ancho chilies in medium bowl.
- 2Let stand until chilies soften, about 30 minutes.
- 3Drain, reserving soaking liquid.
- 4Meanwhile, char poblano chilies directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- 5Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes.
- 6Peel, seed, and coarsely chop chilies.
- 7Place drained ancho chilies, 1/2 cup reserved soaking liquid, chopped poblano chilies, cream, honey, and vinegar in blender.
- 8Puree until smooth, adding more soaking liquid by tablespoonfuls if sauce is too thick.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before serving.) Place sauce in small bowl.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ancho Chile Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (810 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.0
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 61.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g