Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great sauce for steak or any other grilled meat
Make and share this Ancho Chile Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Combine 2 cups hot water and ancho chilies in medium bowl.
- Let stand until chilies soften, about 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving soaking liquid.
- Meanwhile, char poblano chilies directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes.
- Peel, seed, and coarsely chop chilies.
- Place drained ancho chilies, 1/2 cup reserved soaking liquid, chopped poblano chilies, cream, honey, and vinegar in blender.
- Puree until smooth, adding more soaking liquid by tablespoonfuls if sauce is too thick.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before serving.) Place sauce in small bowl.