Recipe by i_luv_chocolate
Old family recipe passed down from my aunt to my mom, and me. This is a very good sugar cookie, great for decorating.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (use only stick margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine, Crisco and sugar together.
- Add egg and vanilla, then gradually add all dry ingredients.
- Beat till thoroughly mixed.
- Dough should be firm, but have a creamy texture.
- Chill for 30 minutes in refridgerator.
- Roll into little balls, or use a small cookie scooper.
- Roll individual dough balls in sugar.
- Bake at 350° until pale golden for 8-12 minutes. Do not over bake.