Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
Amrati or jalebi is very tasty sweet dish. It is mostly served on occasions in subcontinent.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 saffron strands
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 drops orange food coloring (optional)
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1. Sift flour and baking powder 3-4 times through sieve.
- 2. In a separate bowl, mix food color, saffron and yogurt.
- 3. Now mix yogurt mixture into sifted flour and baking powder. Use warm water (if need). Put aside this batter for 1-2 hours.
- 4. Place a pan with 2 cup water, rose water and sugar on the stove. Cook it till sugar melts and it changes to sticky golden syrup. Turn off stove and add cardamom powder/essence and stir it for a few minutes.
- 5. In another pan, heat oil for wok frying.
- 6. Pour batter in a ketchup dispenser.
- 7. Squeeze batter from dispenser over the heated oil in coiled circles. Do this randomly to make a thick coil. Fry till light golden.
- 8. Remove it from oil and put it directly into the golden syrup.
- 9. Soak it into the syrup for approximately 5 minutes then remove and place it in a dry serving dish.