Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easy "down home" casserole made with the convienience of packaged foods!
Make and share this Amish Yum-A-Seta recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) package processed cheese (such as Kraft or Velveeta)
- Brown ground beef with salt, pepper, brown sugar and onion.
- Add tomato soup.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Add cream of chicken soup.
- Layer ground beef mixture and noodle mixture in a 13x9-inch casserole with processed cheese between layers.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Perfection!I couldn't quit eating this. It was very easy to make and my family declared it a keeper after the first bite. I didn't need to cook it for 30 minutes-it was done after 20. The next time I may only use 12 ounces of pasta-it was a LOT of pasta on top of the beef. I may cover it with aluminum foil for at least part of the cooking time, some of my pasta started looking a little crisp. But yummmmmmmmmm..... I will DEFINATELY make this again soon! January 2008 I have made this many, many times since I first reviewed it. This dish is one I can go to when I am tired, short of time, and know it will turn out correctly every time. It is one of my family's favorites!
This was a good hearty casserole. Very cheesy (or at least it was when I made it.) I didn't really measure how much cheese I used. Easy enough to make.