Top Review by Denise in da Kitchen
I've been making this for years and with mashed potatoes and corn it is my DD's favorite meal. You don't specify what type of crackers you use, but I use saltine crackers in mine and I don't refrigerate for that long, if at all. It still comes out great!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together, except soup and water or milk, and shape into a narrow loaf.
- Let sit in refrigerator overnight, or for at least 8 hours, to blend flavors.
- Slice loaf and fry in a skillet on both sides until brown.
- Put slices in baking dish.
- Mix 1 can mushroom soup with 1 cup of water or milk, and pour over each piece.
- Bake at 325 F for one hour.