Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr
- Mix all together, except soup and water or milk, and shape into a narrow loaf.
- Let sit in refrigerator overnight, or for at least 8 hours, to blend flavors.
- Slice loaf and fry in a skillet on both sides until brown.
- Put slices in baking dish.
- Mix 1 can mushroom soup with 1 cup of water or milk, and pour over each piece.
- Bake at 325 F for one hour.
I've been making this for years and with mashed potatoes and corn it is my DD's favorite meal. You don't specify what type of crackers you use, but I use saltine crackers in mine and I don't refrigerate for that long, if at all. It still comes out great!
I make this often. I am making it tonight in fact. It is delicious, easy, economical and a real pleaser every time I serve it. I usually accompany it with mashed potatoes, green beans and a salad. It's an excellent and tasty recipe!