- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs steak (any cut you prefer)
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place steaks in the bowl covered in plastic wrap.
- Marinate the steaks for over 4 hours or overnight.
- The next morning or after 4 hrs, whichever, oil the grill.
- This is done to prevent sticking.
- Make sure the coals are hot.
- Grill on BBQ to desired doneness.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I, unfortunately, ended up marinating my steaks for MUCH longer than recommended, so the steaks themselves were a little strong in flavor, however, sliced up and put on a salad elevated the ordinary to extraordinary. Thanks so much for posting this recipe. I will try again and, hopefully, life won't get in the way!Reply
I was a little leary of this recipe because we are not crazy about the taste of bourbon, BUT I have to say that it was the best steak we have ever had! I increased the garlic to three or four cloves but I am sure it would have been great with the original amount. The steak came out as tender as butter. Excellent!!Reply
see 9 more