Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great broccoli salad recipe
Make and share this Amish Broccoli Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Combine chopped broccoli and cauliflower in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar and salt to make a dressing.
- Add the dressing to the broccoli/cauliflower mix, stirring to evenly coat the veggies.
- Stir in the bacon and cheese, reserving a small amount to sprinkle on top of salad just before serving.
- Refridgerate until serving.
This is an awesome salad!! The bad news is it is NO WHERE near 15 minute prep time!! By the time I cooked 1/2 pound of bacon, washed cut and chopped both a head of cauliflower and broccoli, (and I used the Vidalia Onion chopper to do it!!), then broke apart the bacon, added the dressing, etc. it was about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes by the time I put it in the fridge. It is worth it, but unrealistic to say it is 15 minutes from start to finish.
Cut sugar to 1/3 cup. Threw in some grated parmeson. YUM
This salad is sooooo yummy!!! The dressing is a tad on the sweet side, but you could cut back the sugar. I substituted pepper bacon real bacon pieces (in the salad fixings aisle) for the bacon (no cook, no mess) and I used pre-shredded triple cheddar blend cheese. All I can say is WOW!! I will definitely be making this again!!!!