- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked ham (chopped fine or shredded)
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and celery in the 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the flour and mustard and heat for a couple of minutes until the flour is cooked.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly, and continue heating until thickened.
- Stir in the ham and peas and then toss in the noodles.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes.