Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Insanely delicious comfort food!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked ham (chopped fine or shredded)
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute the onion and celery in the 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the flour and mustard and heat for a couple of minutes until the flour is cooked.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly, and continue heating until thickened.
- Stir in the ham and peas and then toss in the noodles.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes.
Very excellent casserole. I did add cheese as recommended by others and I used seasoned breadcrumbs and a pea and carrot mix because that was what I had on hand.
This was just ok. I think it needed more seasoning or some cheese. I think if I were to make it again I would have to do more tweaking whit it. Thanks for posting the recipe!
Yummy! I added cheese to the mix and it turned out great. Good, cheap, eats! Thank you~