Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another wonderful Amish inspired dish. We serve this for dessert, or for breakfast. Very tasty!
- 5 -6 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Place apple mixture in a deep dish pie pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix topping ingredients, EXCEPT the cinnamon and butter, with a fork until blended.
- Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Drizzle melted butter over topping.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 375°F degrees for 40 minutes.
Delicious apple dish. Next time, I will stir in the cinnamon with the other topping ingredients to give the topping a little more flavor.
I've tried many apple crisp recipes and this one is a real winner! I love the crisp texture of the topping over the apples. I made exactly as the directions indicated by Miss Annie. So easy to prepare and a delight to serve! This very likely may become the standard apple crisp in this house! I thank you once again for a delightful recipe, Miss Ann!
I have been in search for an apple crisp recipe to suit my sweet tooth for many years. This has got to be the best. Thanx so much for helping me conclude my search.