Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The classic day after Thanksgiving sandwich, this recipe is the equivalent of eating Thanksgiving dinner all over again but in one simple sandwich. Some people, who shall remain nameless, do The Gobbler as an open faced sandwich to which they pour warmed up leftover gravy over the top of each piled high slice and dig in with knife and fork. You can also dip the sliced turkey into leftover gravy when building your sandwich. So many ways to make and so little time to eat....
- mayonnaise (yellow or Dijon) or mustard (yellow or Dijon)
- sandwich bread (white, wheat, sourdough, rye, french roll)
- leftover turkey, sliced
- lettuce leaf (needs to be crunchy)
- tomatoes, slices
- leftover prepared stuffing
- leftover prepared cranberry sauce
- leftover prepared gravy (optional)
- Spread mayonnaise or mustard on 1 slice of bread. Pile on turkey, lettuce and tomato.
- Top with a few tablespoons each stuffing and cranberry sauce, then sandwich with another slice of bread.