Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have two seperate fillings for these crepes, but posted them as different recipes because these things are pretty involved!
- 5⁄8 cup matzo cake flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy coffee creamer, plus
- 1 teaspoon non-dairy coffee creamer
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- For the crepes:.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt.
- Place all liquid ingredients in blender and pulse to mix. With the motor running, pour in the flour mixture. Scrape down the sides and blend again to thoroughly mix, about 20 seconds. The batter should be about the consistency of heavy cream. Stir in the zest. Cover and chill for at least one hour before using (or up to 24 hours).
- Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the crepe pan and wipe out with a paper towel. You will not have to grease the pan again.
- Place the pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the chilled batter. Lifting the pan off the burner, swirl the batter around the pan to form an even, very thin coating. The first side will be golden in about 1 minute. Loosen lightly with the edge of a spatula and flip to cook the second side for about a minute.
- Transfer each completed crepe to a rack to cool and proceed with the next. If you are making the crepes for future use, when cool - layer them with waxed paper and freeze or refrigerate.
- To Fill: Spread 1 rounded tablespoon of filling across the middle of the crepe and fold in half and then into quarters. Put in a buttered baking dish, overlapping the fans as you go. Crepes can be prepared to this stage, well wrapped and refrigerated up to 24 hours in advance.
- To bake: Pre heat oven to 400°. Drizzle folded crepes with 3 tablespoons melted margarine (sprinkle of ginger or cinnamon or sugar depending on filling). Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until bubbling.