Recipe by Charlotte J
Call it what you will, American Chop Suey or goulash, this is fast comfort food.
Top Review by KBates_Can_Cook
I've been making this recipe for years. When I first started making it, I added about 1/4 cup BBQ sauce to give it a little sweetness and kick. You can freeze half if you're cooking for less than a crowd.
- 1 (1 lb) box elbow macaroni
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to the package directions; drain.
- Saute the onion in olive oil.
- Add beef and contuine cooking; drain off grease.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sauce and the 1/4 cup cheese and simmer.
- Stir in hot paste, turn off heat and let it set for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with extra grated cheese.