Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Call it what you will, American Chop Suey or goulash, this is fast comfort food.
Make and share this American Chop Suey recipe from Food.com.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions; drain.
- Saute the onion in olive oil.
- Add beef and contuine cooking; drain off grease.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sauce and the 1/4 cup cheese and simmer.
- Stir in hot paste, turn off heat and let it set for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with extra grated cheese.
I've been making this recipe for years. When I first started making it, I added about 1/4 cup BBQ sauce to give it a little sweetness and kick. You can freeze half if you're cooking for less than a crowd.
This is good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used onion powder intead of onions and added lots more pamesan cheese. I keep frozen cooked hamburger in my freezer so this made it even quicker to make. This was a good weeknight meal.
How funny! I was reading this book called "The Cold Blue Blood" by David Handler. The main character is known for his American Chop Suey, which seems to be the exact same recipe you have given here! I just thought this was a funny coincidence!