1/2 Photos of Ambrosia Oatmeal (WW Core)
Another entry in my collection of oatmeal combinations. This one is a little bit odd but the results are surprsingly good. I have presented it here to match my own desired consistency, but you should adjust to your own tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup regular oatmeal (not instant)
- 2 cups water, use less if you like a very thick porridge
- 1 banana, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks in juice or 1/2 cup pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges in juice
- 2 drops lemon extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1Place water in a medium saucepan and bring to and bring to a boil.
- 2Add oats and reduce to a simmer.
- 3Add the extracts. (A caution here; one drop if lemon adds a certain clean quality that works well with the fruit. More than that and the results are likey to be off. If you are concerned about your accuracy, I would omit rather than add too much.).
- 4Cook as directed on you pacakage somewhere between 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5One minute before the oatmeal is done, stir in the banana slices, pineapple and oranges.
- 6Divide into two bowls, garnish with coconut if using.
- 7Two tablespoons of shredded coconut is 1 point.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ambrosia Oatmeal (WW Core)
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g