Recipe by justcallmetoni
Another entry in my collection of oatmeal combinations. This one is a little bit odd but the results are surprsingly good. I have presented it here to match my own desired consistency, but you should adjust to your own tastes.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Absolutely wonderful breakfast, & I even see myself making it for a quick & very satisfying supper some night when I'm not wanting a whole lot of anything! Followed your recipe right on down, including the coconut! You really know how to dress up a bowl of plain ol' oatmeal, & the recipe is a great keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]
- 1 cup regular oatmeal (not instant)
- 2 cups water, use less if you like a very thick porridge
- 1 banana, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunks in juice or 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin oranges in juice
- 2 drops lemon extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water in a medium saucepan and bring to and bring to a boil.
- Add oats and reduce to a simmer.
- Add the extracts. (A caution here; one drop if lemon adds a certain clean quality that works well with the fruit. More than that and the results are likey to be off. If you are concerned about your accuracy, I would omit rather than add too much.).
- Cook as directed on you pacakage somewhere between 3 to 5 minutes.
- One minute before the oatmeal is done, stir in the banana slices, pineapple and oranges.
- Divide into two bowls, garnish with coconut if using.
- Two tablespoons of shredded coconut is 1 point.