Recipe by Manami
This recipe was on an Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello, by chef Pilar Sanchez. It is a show about "re-do's" of some the unhealthier recipes with some healthier versions of their own.
Top Review by Scoutie
How very refreshing for a hot summer day! I I have been to his restaurant in St. Helena, what a treat! I did cut the recipe in half and used mango instead of kiwi, for some reason, kiwi and I have never been big friends. Next time, I may try the sour cream, that sounds yummy too. Thanks for posting, Manami.
- 1 cup creme fraiche or 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup strained fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 12 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded & cut into chunks
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled & cored & cut into chunks
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine creme fraiche, orange juice, lemon juice, sugar and mint.
- Peel and slice bananas, put in large bowl along with cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries and grapes.
- Add the creme fraiche mixture and toss gently to coat the fruit with dressing.
- Put salad in serving bowl and garmich with kiwi slices.
- Chef's Notes: "I've also served this salad with a scoop of frozen yogurt instead of mixing in creme fraiche.".