Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The first time I had these at my friend's house I almost devoured the whole platefull. She thought it would be a better idea if she gave me the recipe. These are really amazingly delicious, and very addictive.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 9x13 inch pan.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and blend until creamy and light colored.
- Add the egg yolk, vanilla and flour, blending well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Spread into the prepared pan and pat down with your hands or a wide spoon.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Spread the chocolate over the warm batter, and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinle with the pecans.
- Cut when warm into 24 pieces with a knife dipped in cold water.
These were SO good. I didn't make any changes except that I only sprinkled the pecans on half of the pan (I don't like nuts but my brother and dad do) -- Great recipe~will definitely make again!!!
These are better than amazing! How do I describe these wonderful little morsels! The base is quite shortbready with a flavour somewhat like a sticky date toffee pudding. Combine that with pure chocolate and you are in heaven! Honestly I can't describe just how delicious these are, you'll just have to try them. The ingredients are quite basic and really don't prepare you for the end result. Despite my best intentions and willpower somehow I keep ending up with more in my mouth! Thanks Mirj and friend, these are a winner!
I made these for work today. They are very good. I used honey roasted peanuts, which I did not chop, instead of pecans. I will try the pecans next time, and definately chop them smaller.