Recipe by caligirl4life597
I got this recipe form foodgeeks.com and it is the BEST thing I've ever eaten in my life! It works best if you cook them in a glass pan.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice
- 1 cup tepid water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup evaporated cane juice
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice syrup or 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tepid water and sugar in small bowl, add yeast and stir. Allow to proof for 10 minutes.
- In bread machine using dough cycle, or in heavy duty mixer with dough hook, combine yeast mixture with flour nutmeg and salt. Mix/knead until smooth and elastic. Transfer to bowl oiled with 1 tablespoons oil, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Mix remaining ingredients in bowl until well blended. Refrigerate.
- Punch down dough and divide into 2 balls. Roll 1 ball into 9x13-inch rectangle. Spread half of filling mixture on dough and roll up. Cut roll into 1 to 1-1/2-inch slices. Place slices into non-stick 8-inch cake pan (put them kinda close together), cover and allow to rise 1/2 hour.
- When risen, bake in preheated 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.