Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe form foodgeeks.com and it is the BEST thing I've ever eaten in my life! It works best if you cook them in a glass pan.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice
- 1 cup tepid water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup evaporated cane juice
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice syrup or 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Combine tepid water and sugar in small bowl, add yeast and stir. Allow to proof for 10 minutes.
- In bread machine using dough cycle, or in heavy duty mixer with dough hook, combine yeast mixture with flour nutmeg and salt. Mix/knead until smooth and elastic. Transfer to bowl oiled with 1 tablespoons oil, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Mix remaining ingredients in bowl until well blended. Refrigerate.
- Punch down dough and divide into 2 balls. Roll 1 ball into 9x13-inch rectangle. Spread half of filling mixture on dough and roll up. Cut roll into 1 to 1-1/2-inch slices. Place slices into non-stick 8-inch cake pan (put them kinda close together), cover and allow to rise 1/2 hour.
- When risen, bake in preheated 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Just wanted to point out, that while these are very good, they are not vegan. Yeast and sugar included in this recipe make that claim false.
Good recipe but requires more liquid than is listed. 1 cup of water is not sufficient.