Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the best ice cream cakes ---if you can't find Skor bars then use any toffee bar for this. This cake is perfect for a summertime birthday party, you may use all half and half cream to make the sauce, but I find that it is better with half whip cream and half and half --- this is *so* good! :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 quarts good-quality vanilla ice cream (softened JUST enough to spread, careful not to melt!)
- 8 (8 ounce) bars Skor candy bars, crushed or 8 (8 ounce) any chocolate-covered english toffee bars
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no subs!)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan or a 10-inch springform pan.
- To make the cake: In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and spread 1 quart of ice cream over the crumb crust.
- Sprinkle the crushed Skor bars over the ice cream, and press in slightly with a back of a spoon.
- Carefully spread remaining 1 quart of ice cream over the crushed bars.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours.
- To make the Sauce: In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, the half and half cream and whipping cream; cook, stirring constantly over low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add/mix in vanilla.
- TO SERVE: Remove cake from freezer and pan (if you are using a springform pan) if not just cut into squares if you are using a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Pour the slightly cooled or cold toffee sauce over the cake.
Very good! Nothing is better than something that makes up fast and easy and tastes like you spent hours working on it! Nice contribution, Kitten!