Recipe by Mandi T
I found this years ago in a cooking magazine, but lost it in a fire. This is my own, revised version, of that recipe. You can tweak everything from the roast tomatoes recipe to what cheeses/ meats and dressings you use. I prefer this recipe because it's a mixture of sweet, tangy, spicy and sour all in one!
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 16 ounces balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 8 ounces hard salami
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 6 roma tomatoes
- olive oil
- minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rotini pasta according to box directions. Complete the rest of the steps while the rotini is cooking.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Dice tomatoes into large squares. Place into a mixing bowl, add some olive oil, basil, parsley, salt, pepper and minced garlic to taste. When satisfied, place tomato mixture in a foil-lined pan (one that has some depth since tomato juices will run) and place in oven until you can smell the tomatoes roasting (about 40 minutes). When they are finished, allow them to completely cool.
- While tomatoes are roasting, cube up the block of mozzarella cheese, as well as the salami.
- When pasta finishes, rinse it WELL in cold water until the pasta is completely cooled.
- Pour pasta into a large bowl. Add mozzarella and salami. Pour entire bottle of dressing over pasta and stir everything. Add blue cheese and cooled tomatoes.
- Stir and enjoy!