Recipe by Anunnaki
A Lassi is an Indian yogurt drink that is perfect for breakfast or a snack. It is also good for vegetarians to get extra protein. I first discovered Lassis on another website but disliked how it turned out. So, I experimented on my own until I came up with a much better version. A Lassi can come in a sweet or salty version. This version is a sweet kind that blends together several wonderful Indian flavors.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cracked ice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mango
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Combine in a blender: Yogurt, Milk, Cracked Ice, and Sugar.
- 2) Peel, slice and chop up your mango into small quarter inch cubes.
- 3) Add Coconut, Mango, Rosewater and Cardamom to other ingredients in the blender.
- 4) Close blender lid and blend on highest setting for two minutes.
- 5) Check thickness, add more milk to thin it out or more yogurt to thicken it and blend 2 more minutes if you add anything to change thickness.
- 6) Pour and Enjoy!