Recipe by Delish
I combined and modified two recipes to create this one. I took them to work and everyone commented "These are the best cookies I have ever tasted!" What makes them different is the melted white chocolate in the batter. They are out of this world! Please let me know what you think.
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter, no substitutes
- 3⁄4 cup shortening (I use butter flavored)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, divided
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 3 squares or 3 ounces of white chocolate according to package directions. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and shortening by hand.
- Add the sugars and cream together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in the melted white chocolate and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Dough will be stiff.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into tablespoonfuls and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes. Don't overbake!
- Let cool on sheet 2-4 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Melt remaining white chocolate. Drizzle over cookies using a fork. Cookies may be frozen up to 3 months after completely cooled.