Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was drinking too much of the Amarula, so thought I better come up with a recipe to use it in. I'm still tweaking it, but here's a good start. Thanks to P.A. Cindy for the start of the recipe (P.A. Cindy Quick Fudge)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Amarula cream liqueur
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (if you use salted, then leave out the 1/4 tsp salt)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- On top of stove at low heat, mix the first 6 ingredients until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add the butter and peanut butter.
- Stir until smooth.
- It will start to thicken pretty quickly.
- Pour into a greased square pan.
- Cool at room temperature then cover and put in fridge.
- The alcohol doesn't burn off that much, so don't let the kids eat too much.
- Cut into little squares because it is rich.
- Cook time is cooling time before you should try and eat it.