Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from Sous Chef Bryan Richard of Chez Marcelle. An appetizer to impress.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium white onion, finely minced
- 1 lb large shrimp, butterflied, peeled, leave tail on
- 1⁄2-1 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup blanched almond, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- chopped parsley
- Melt butter in skillet until golden brown. Add onions. Saute until transparent.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry 5 minutes until pink.
- Add amaretto, almonds and salt. cook 1-1/2 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve in a ramekin with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.