Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love amaretto and I love pears...what a lovely combination!
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large ripe bartlett pears, peeled and cored
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto or 1⁄4 cup other almond flavored liqueur
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
- toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Butter six 1-¼ cup custard cups, ramekins, or giant muffin tins.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. Add brown sugar and honey; cook over low heat for about 2 minutes until mixture no longer separates.
- Divide mixture evenly between prepared dishes.
- Cut each pear into 12 wedges and place 4 wedges in the bottom of each dish; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining 6 tablespoons butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine milk and Amaretto in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, then half of the liquid, beating well after each addition.
- Repeat until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour batter into the six prepared dishes, smoothing the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven and place on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully flip each dish over onto serving plates to remove from dish.
- Serve immediately with lightly sweetened cream and toasted almond slices.