I love amaretto and I love pears...what a lovely combination!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large ripe bartlett pears, peeled and cored
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Amaretto or 1/4 cup other almond flavored liqueur
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
- toasted sliced almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Butter six 1-¼ cup custard cups, ramekins, or giant muffin tins.
- 2Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. Add brown sugar and honey; cook over low heat for about 2 minutes until mixture no longer separates.
- 3Divide mixture evenly between prepared dishes.
- 4Cut each pear into 12 wedges and place 4 wedges in the bottom of each dish; set aside.
- 5In a medium bowl, beat remaining 6 tablespoons butter until light and fluffy.
- 6Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 7In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- 8Combine milk and Amaretto in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, then half of the liquid, beating well after each addition.
- 9Repeat until all ingredients are combined.
- 10Pour batter into the six prepared dishes, smoothing the top.
- 11Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven and place on a rack for 10 minutes.
- 12Carefully flip each dish over onto serving plates to remove from dish.
- 13Serve immediately with lightly sweetened cream and toasted almond slices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretto Pear Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.6
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.2 mg
- Sodium 366.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: