Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
Bosc pears work well in this dessert. I also love the flavor combination of amaretto and peaches, so peaches would probably also work well in this recipe. Based on a recipe I found in Cooking Light a couple years ago. The original used softened low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, but I've only made it with the yogurt. The 1 hour cooking time is actually chilling time. With the low-fat frozen yogurt, Cooking Light showed the nutritional values per serving as: 238 calories, 5.6 grams fat, 39.9 g carbs, 137 mg sodium.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup gingersnap crumbs (about 2 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt or 1 1⁄2 cups softened low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine pears through sugar and liqueur, cover and chill 1 hour.
- Spoon layers into each of 4 8-oz glasses in this order: 1 Tbs crumbs, 3 Tbs pear mixture, 3 Tbs yogurt or frozen yogurt. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs almonds over top of each parfait. Chill until serving time.
This was an easy and light dessert that looks very impressive. I made it as suggested with nonfat vanilla yogurt. The spice of the gingersnaps are a great contrast to the sweetness of the rest of the dish. We will be having this again soon with peaches or nectarines!
I made this last night and all I can say is "Oh YES!". My but this is good and you can't beat the ease of preparation in this hot summer weather. The gingersnaps are wonderful and the amaretto adds that elevating above the norm touch. I sprinkled a small amount of cookie crumbs on top as well. This was very well received. Thanks echo for another winner.
Holy amaretto, echo echo!!!!! .... this is sooooo easy and soooo good!!!!! I did make one change. Had made some more of Sharon123's wonderful Pear Honey #38275 yesterday, so that when I chopped the pears for this, I added about 4 Tbsp. leftover Pear Honey to the mix. Otherwise, made just as you indicated. As Rachel would say...Yum O!!!! Thanks for being one of my PAC babies this fall...Hugs, Caroline