Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken breasts with Gruyere cheese and capers.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter quickly, and remove to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup butter to skillet and brown the green onion and mushrooms with the garlic and tarragon. Pour this sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the craem, cheese and amaretto in the skillet, whisking rapidly. Stir in capers, then pour sauce over chicken, green onions and mushrooms.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.