Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A mildly sweet and nutty complement to any boneless cut of chicken, pork or fish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- In a non-stick skillet, melt the butter and brown the almonds until golden brown; be very careful as they will burn quickly.
- As soon as the almonds are nicely browned, add the Amaretto; be extremely careful as it should and will flame up for about 10 seconds or so.
- After about 30 to 40 seconds you will have very little liquid in the pan (it will be dark brown).
- Add the cream, tomato paste, and the crushed bouillon cube and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a rolling simmer and reduce by half (about 12 minutes) stirring often.
- The finished sauce should have a beige, ever so slight pink color and coat the back of a spoon.
- NOTE: If the Amaretto doesn't flare up in the pan, don't worry! Your sauce will be fine.