Amaretto Almond Cream Sauce
- In a non-stick skillet, melt the butter and brown the almonds until golden brown; be very careful as they will burn quickly.
- As soon as the almonds are nicely browned, add the Amaretto; be extremely careful as it should and will flame up for about 10 seconds or so.
- After about 30 to 40 seconds you will have very little liquid in the pan (it will be dark brown).
- Add the cream, tomato paste, and the crushed bouillon cube and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a rolling simmer and reduce by half (about 12 minutes) stirring often.
- The finished sauce should have a beige, ever so slight pink color and coat the back of a spoon.
- NOTE: If the Amaretto doesn't flare up in the pan, don't worry! Your sauce will be fine.