Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Snickerdoodles that Amanda loves
Make and share this Amanda's Snickerdoodles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup crisco butter shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- COMBINE 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, shortening, eggs, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
- COMBINE remaining 1⁄2 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.