- 50 g pine nuts
- 2 (110 g) packages salad leaves (e.g. red chard)
- 200 g sunblush tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200 g black olives (nicoise are great)
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- The day before; make the dressing.
- Mix the tomato paste and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil to form a smooth emulsion and season to taste.
- Store it in a screw-top jar if you want to get ahead and re-whisk before using on the night.
- The pine nuts can be dealt with the day before to save time. Heat a small frying pan.
- tip in the nuts and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning them frequently until they smell nutty and are nicely browned.
- To serve; put the leaves in a large bowl with the tomatoes and olives.
- Pour in the dressing and mix well.
- divide between eight glasses.
- sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.