Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Amager Stew is a traditional farmer's meal that originally comes from Amager Island near Copenhagen.
- 453.59 g ham or 453.59 g smoked pork butt
- 453.59 g water
- 453.59 g bag frozen peas and carrots, defrosted
- 453.59 g new potato
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 9.85 ml flour
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch parsley, rough chopped
- Cut the ham or pork into small squares. Peel the potatoes and cut them into small squares.
- In a dutch oven, bring the ham and potatoes to a boil and continue cooking until the stew is almost cooked through (15-20 min) and then add the peas and carrots.
- Mix the butter and flour and add to the mixture. Return to a boil and boil for 5 minute.
- Add salt and pepper. Add the parsley on top of the dish.
cooked this in rice cooker ,fast simple meal didnt chop potatoes ,could use canned diced potatoes ,turned out great with minimal effort zwt9