8 hrs 30 mins
In ‘Come Home to Supper’ by Christy Jordan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using oven, preheat it to 324 degrees.
- 2Place the roast in a 6-quart slow cooker or Dutch oven with a lid and sprinkle the salt and pepper on top.
- 3Peel and cut the carrots and potatoes into bite-size chunks and place them on top of the roast.
- 4Peel and quarter the onion and add it to the pot.
- 5Pour the beef gravy over all.
- 6If using a slow cooker, cover and seal the pot and cook until the roast is tender, 8 hours on LOW, 4 hours on HIGH.
- 7If using a Dutch oven, cover the pot and bake until the roast is tender, 2 ½ hours.
- 8To serve, place the roast and vegetables on a serving platter, slice, and serve with gravy alongside.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Always Tender Roast and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (987 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 982.0
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 302.7 mg
- Sodium 1653.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 107.5 g