Always Tender Roast and Vegetables
- If using oven, preheat it to 324 degrees.
- Place the roast in a 6-quart slow cooker or Dutch oven with a lid and sprinkle the salt and pepper on top.
- Peel and cut the carrots and potatoes into bite-size chunks and place them on top of the roast.
- Peel and quarter the onion and add it to the pot.
- Pour the beef gravy over all.
- If using a slow cooker, cover and seal the pot and cook until the roast is tender, 8 hours on LOW, 4 hours on HIGH.
- If using a Dutch oven, cover the pot and bake until the roast is tender, 2 ½ hours.
- To serve, place the roast and vegetables on a serving platter, slice, and serve with gravy alongside.