8 hrs 30 mins
In ‘Come Home to Supper’ by Christy Jordan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using oven, preheat it to 324 degrees.
- 2Place the roast in a 6-quart slow cooker or Dutch oven with a lid and sprinkle the salt and pepper on top.
- 3Peel and cut the carrots and potatoes into bite-size chunks and place them on top of the roast.
- 4Peel and quarter the onion and add it to the pot.
- 5Pour the beef gravy over all.
- 6If using a slow cooker, cover and seal the pot and cook until the roast is tender, 8 hours on LOW, 4 hours on HIGH.
- 7If using a Dutch oven, cover the pot and bake until the roast is tender, 2 ½ hours.
- 8To serve, place the roast and vegetables on a serving platter, slice, and serve with gravy alongside.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Always Tender Roast and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (987 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 982.0
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 302.7 mg
- Sodium 1653.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 107.5 g