Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
this is the truffle recipe on food network courtesy of Alton Brown. they are delicious and very easy. these truffles are a great present too but make sure you prepare them in a cool environment or the chocolate will melt into a big mess.
- 10 ounces chocolate (chopped finely. I like to use morsels because chopping takes forever)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon cognac (if desired and available)
- 5 -10 ounces chocolate (enough melted chocolate to coat truffles)
- coconut (shredded and toasted) (optional) or sliced almonds (shredded and toasted) (optional) or cocoa powder (shredded and toasted) (optional) or confectioners' sugar (shredded and toasted) (optional)
- combine cream and corn syrup into a medium sized pot and bring to a simmer.
- while cream and syrup mixture cooks, add chocolate and butter to microwave for 30 seconds on high
- take out and stir.
- repeat # 2.
- take cream concoction and pour over chocolate (this is also where you will add cognac) wait ten minutes before you stir together.
- after stirring all ingredients, pour into a flat baking pan and let cool in fridge for 1 hour.
- take out the mixture and scoop to form balls of chocolate.
- dip chocolate into melted chocolate desired and then coat with various coating.
- let shells air dry for about 4 minutes.
- serve immediately or.
- store in air tight container in fridge.