Recipe by Lilasianchef
this is the truffle recipe on food network courtesy of Alton Brown. they are delicious and very easy. these truffles are a great present too but make sure you prepare them in a cool environment or the chocolate will melt into a big mess.
- 10 ounces chocolate (chopped finely. I like to use morsels because chopping takes forever)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon cognac (if desired and available)
- 5 -10 ounces chocolate (enough melted chocolate to coat truffles)
- coconut (shredded and toasted) (optional) or sliced almonds (shredded and toasted) (optional) or cocoa powder (shredded and toasted) (optional) or confectioners' sugar (shredded and toasted) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- combine cream and corn syrup into a medium sized pot and bring to a simmer.
- while cream and syrup mixture cooks, add chocolate and butter to microwave for 30 seconds on high
- take out and stir.
- repeat # 2.
- take cream concoction and pour over chocolate (this is also where you will add cognac) wait ten minutes before you stir together.
- after stirring all ingredients, pour into a flat baking pan and let cool in fridge for 1 hour.
- take out the mixture and scoop to form balls of chocolate.
- dip chocolate into melted chocolate desired and then coat with various coating.
- let shells air dry for about 4 minutes.
- serve immediately or.
- store in air tight container in fridge.