Recipe by Xexe
Recipe is from Alton Brown.
Top Review by Chef TanyaK
Wow, this was awesome!! My DH grilled the pork roast on the grill in over 90 degree weather because the deli didn't have roast pork. I used my panini press and it was really easy. I tried with and without mustard and everyone preferred with mustard, even the extra picky plain sandwich crowd.
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 lb baked ham, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb roast pork, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 10 thin dill pickle slices, approximately 2 whole pickles (or you can use the sandwich stackers)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the bread horizontally in half, leaving 1 edge intact.
- Lay the bread open and spread each side with the mustard.
- Divide the ingredients evenly among the slices of roll.
- Start with the ham followed by the pork, cheese, and dill pickles.
- Bring the tops and bottoms together.
- Heat your panini maker or sandwich press.
- Butter each side of the press.
- Place the sandwiches inside, press down and grill until the cheese is melted and the bread is flat and browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- If you don't have a sandwich press, you can heat 6 fireplace bricks wrapped in foil, in a 500°F oven for 1 hour and then press the sandwich between them for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.