- 12 whole chicken wings
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring into a boil.
- Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Using a sharp kitchen knife, separate the wings at the joint. Place the wings in a steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry. Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan line with paper towels and place in the refrigerator until cold.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Replace the paper towels with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn and cook another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a small bowl along with the garlic.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add hot sauce and salt. Stir to combine.
- Remove the wings from the oven and add to the bowl and toss with sauce.
- Serve with desired condiments ie Ranch, Bleu Cheese, etc.