1/2 Photos of Alton Brown's Buffalo Wings
Food Network's Alton Brown's recipe. You steam the chicken, then roast it. So the chicken stays moist and yet gets crispy from the roasting. DH goes crazy over this, he much prefers them to frying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring into a boil.
- 2Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Using a sharp kitchen knife, separate the wings at the joint. Place the wings in a steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry. Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan line with paper towels and place in the refrigerator until cold.
- 4Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 5Replace the paper towels with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn and cook another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6While chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a small bowl along with the garlic.
- 7Transfer to a large bowl and add hot sauce and salt. Stir to combine.
- 8Remove the wings from the oven and add to the bowl and toss with sauce.
- 9Serve with desired condiments ie Ranch, Bleu Cheese, etc.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alton Brown's Buffalo Wings
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.4
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 158.9 mg
- Sodium 773.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 27.2 g