Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
It's a fun and fruity blueberry soda with a unique and refreshing taste.
- 20 ounces fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 7 ounces sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- carbonated water
- Place the blueberries and the water into a medium saucepan, set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the mixture into a colander lined with cheesecloth that is set in a large bowl.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Gather up the edges of the cheesecloth and squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible.
- Discard the skin and pulp.
- Return the blueberry juice to the saucepan along with the sugar and lime juice.
- Place over medium high heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a heatproof glass container and place in the refrigerator, uncovered, until completely cooled.
- Before Serving: Combine 1/4 cup of the liquid with 8-ounces of carbonated water and serve over ice.
So easy and sooo good. I loved the intense blueberry flavor in this soda. It was so quick to make, I'm scared, I'll be able to enjoy this as much as I want. Much nicer than anything you will buy in a bottle. Thank you for sharing this versatile recipe that can be enjoyed as bold flavor or soft and subtle. Made for My 3 Chefs - 2012.