Recipe by kitchengrrl
The flavor of the ham stuffing and the cheese is similar to Quiche Lorraine, which comes from the Alsace region. Germany and France have passed this territory back and forth over the centuries, and the food and culture there is an interesting combination of two countries.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄8 lb deli ham, cut in 1/4 inch cubes (I prefer Boar's Head Sundried Tomato and Rosemary ham)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup shredded gruyere or 1⁄3 cup emmenthaler cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute ham, shallots and mushrooms together in oil.
- Slit a pocket in each chicken breast.
- Divide ham mixture evenly among breasts.
- Bake at 375* in covered dish 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove cover and top chicken with shredded cheese.
- Broil until cheese bubbles and browns, about 5 minutes.