- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 large onions, finely diced
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup firm tofu, crushed by hand
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon couscous
- 1 wholewheat pie shell, in a 10-inch tart shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in oil (I added 1/2 cup water to prevent burning, or you could substitute water for the oil to reduce fat), until translucent and mostly soft.
- Blend the soy milk, tofu, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and flour until smooth.
- Then combine the onions, the soy milk mixture and the couscous.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.