Another healthy Canyon Ranch recipe.
Make and share this Alpine Muesli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and grated apples
- 3 cups finely chopped mixed fresh fruit (such as peaches, pears, strawberries)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, milk, yogurt and vanilla. Let sit for 5 minutes to soften oats.
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, chopped nuts and honey. Grate apple and immediately add to orange juice mixture. Add remaining fruit. Stir into yogurt mixture and mix well. Serve chilled.
This was so good, and I had all the ingredients already on hand in my pantry or fridge. I used fresh sliced strawberries for the fruit, and I thought they blended well with the other ingredients and made for a wonderful breakfast. Thanks swissms.
Fabulous brekky - all pantry ingredients too. I used apples and stewed plums as my fruit mix. I halved the recipe easily so there is lots left - I can eat this sort of thing three meals in a row so there is no problem with the leftovers