Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Butter an 8-inch square pan.
- Mix sugar, pineapple and cream.
- Stir over low heat to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to a boil; cook over medium heat, stirring and washing down crystals from pan sides until candy thermometer reaches 238 F or until mixture forms a soft ball in cold water.
- Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
- Add butter, then beat until mixture loses its gloss.
- Quickly stir in nuts.
- Spread into prepared pan; cool and cut in 1 1/2-inch squares.