Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
Veggie pizza is a finger-food staple at my family's picnics and pot-lucks. In an attempt to make it better for you, I switched up some ingredients for a nearly fat free, low carb treat. Any vegetable or combination of veggies can be used. The measurements listed below are approximately what I used as you need enough to cover the entire pizza. I am very new to cooking with tofu, but I read somewhere about sterilizing the silken tofu to make a cream cheese substitute. Therefore, I dropped the block of tofu into a pot of boiling water for 3.5 minutes before beginning the pizza, just to be on the safe side.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup silken soft tofu, pureed
- 1 cup raw broccoli floret, diced
- 1 cup raw cauliflower, diced
- 1 cup raw carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup raw yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup raw celery, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll out pizza dough and press into a 12-1/2 x 17-1/2 jelly roll pan.
- Bake on center rack 10-12 minutes.
- Mix tofu, sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Spread evenly over cooled pizza crust.
- Spread diced veggies evenly over pizza, leaving the tomatoes for last.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- May be served immediately or chilled overnight (preferred).
- Keep chilled.